Thursday, October 3, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along FINISHED!

I finished my Scrappy Trip Along quilt!!!!  (Ok, I didn't do the binding on this one either, but under my new definition of "finished" it qualifies as done even without binding.)


This is the Scrappy Trip Around the World pattern from the Quiltville tutorial in case you'd like to make one yourself. Super fun, and a total scrap buster.



A bunch of gals in the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild are doing a bee, and when my month came around, they helped me make about 15 blocks for this king-size Scrappy Trip Along. THANK YOU!!!!

Mom quilted this bad boy with a Baptist Fan, which I lurve because it helps break up all the straight lines.

With this quilt currently residing on my bed, I can honestly say that I've never slept better.

What're you working on?

Happy stitching!

Kelly

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I'm so jealous of you and your quilting mom. The only reason mine is sitting unfinished is because I dread quilting it. But I need to suck it up!

~Kelie~ said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the simplicity and quickness of this pattern! I've made one and am saving up strips for my next one (as soon as I get the time to do it that is!) I love the way yours turned out!

Needled Mom said...

That looks beautiful. I love the colors.

Mary Marcotte said...

What a pretty quilt! On your bed without binding or did you mean someone else finished it? Either way, it's great that you're sleeping better. Maybe we should all finish a quilt and toss it on our beds.....mine always end up going to someone else!

ashacpatel said...

So lucky that I got to see this quilt in person. It's amazing and I'm even trying to convince Claudia to start one with me!