Thursday, September 9, 2010

A slight bag obsession

I don't know if you've checked out Amy Butler's new book yet, but it's TOTALLY awesome. I've always liked Amy's bag patterns and have made a few of them, and this is just a big awesome book full of them! The book features a range of skill levels, sizes, etc., and all of the bags are made with various Amy Butler prints.

Pretty.

Awesome.

Check it out.

That said, ever since I bought it, I've been a little obsessed with making bags. They're enough of a challenge for me to be interesting, but they don't take a TON of time to make. One of my first attempts was this pleated bag, which I kind of love. (Bags are also another great excuse to use awesome buttons and trims!)


pleating detail




I made this little bag for a gift, and I totally love how simple it is. It's just a plain and simple rectangular bag with a top zipper, but the fabric makes this super-simple bag really cute (I think!).


You can kind of see the inside lining -
black and white toille.

  



I leave you with one last picture. I want to keep him.

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OH that teal bag is awesome!!! It looks great!

Babs said...

Uh oh! Looks like a new book that I'll need to add to my collection! I've been hooked on AB ever since I made my Birdie Sling. Getting ready to do another along with the Sweet Harmony tote and the Frenchie Bag.
Thanks for enabling :)
-Barb

P.S. It was nice to meet you @ guild. Love your sense of humor!