Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little tour . . .


Oh happy day! My sewing room is officially up-and-running!!!!!!!  


These are the things that musicals are based on! That angel choirs sing about! That teenagers write extensive diary entries on! 


Have you ever seen that Cosby Show episode where Claire gets her own room, and she just lays on the floor making "snow" angels and giggling? Yeah, that was me most of the weekend. 




So, without further ado, welcome to my brand spankin' new sewing room!








Coming in the door to the room—my sewing machine on the left, and my wall of fabric straight ahead.



Cutting table and storage for rulers and other supplies.

This is the best machine ever - a Singer 301. I love the cabinet, too - very art deco with a curved front panel. The whole machine can flip down into the cabinet and tuck away.

Built in bobbin/thread rack in the top drawer of the cabinet.

Curved door to the sewing cabinet. Super cool.

The best part = fabric stash.



If you need me, you know where to look!

5 comments:

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Oh my gosh Kelly - you have a huge fabric stash! Or else I have a really small one?? :-)

Anonymous said...

This is great. It looks amazing and I love the little shelf in between the large shelves for the fat quarters. LOVE IT

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love your sewing room!!! It was great meeting you at the Guild meeting!!!

Rick Sabo said...

Hi,
Acquired a 301 A and cabinet just k like yours. It worked at the estate sale that I bought it from. Got it to my wife's sewing room,plugged everything in and it doesn't work. We cleaned everything. Are we doing something wrong? The foot pedal slides in and out to operate the machine, am I correct.
Any ideas?
Very frustrated in Ohio.
Rick

cclover said...

Rick,
You need 2 electrical connections for 301 machine to operate in cabinet.

A 2-pin terminal plug needs to be pushed into the 2-pin terminal block at the right end of bed of machine, this is what will operate the foot control. In my cabinet, the other end of this plug is to the foot control.

The 3-pin terminal plug needs to be pushed into the 3-pin terminal block at the right of machine and the other end of this cord is then plugged into the electrical outlet.

When I use my 301 as a portable (not in cabinet)... I use my Singer 221's corded foot control because it has a cord that connects to the machine and the other attached cord plugs into the electrical outlet.