To introduce myself, my name is Kelly.
|(What I would have looked like in the '60s)|
I'm in love with sewing and quilting, and I'm really excited to connect with others who share my fabric/craft/stash-collecting/etsy sickness. I frequently have the moment around midnight when I've finished up a project and am totally DYING to show it off to someone . . . but my neighbors are all asleep. And frankly, they don't "ooh" and "aahhh" the way I want them to anyway, so it's a wash. Ahhh, but NOW when that happens, I'll slam some pictures online and hopefully you'll tear yourself away from your favorite blogs to check in on me and see what's going on in the wee-smalls. And I will totally do the same for you! We crafters need to stick together!!!
I usually end up giving the things I make away, often to my sis who lives way too far away. This is a mini-quilt I made from some scraps for her to hang in her cube. I really like the way the white space gives the traditional blocks a little bit of a modern vibe.
I like other things, too!
Things I like:
- Anne of Green Gables
- Chandler from "Friends"
- Mrs. Grass's chicken noodle soup
- using pitchers as vases
- stale popcorn
- vintage buttons
- flower boxes (even though I've killed all of my flowers)
- both of the Portlands
- my big, metal coffee thermos
- my little sister
- traveling to cities (like London)
- the "shoes" books by Noel Streatfeild
Things I don't like:
- picking up heavy things (like couches, or free-weights)
- grabbing yesterday's coffee cup by mistake
- wondering if I unplugged the iron as I'm driving away . . .
- the day I finished reading Harry Potter and knew there were no more books coming
- traveling to the wilderness
- running out of thread
How about you?