Monday, May 12, 2014

Rainbow Baby Quilt

I know it's been awhile since I've really posted - - forgive me!  I've been busy sewing, I promise!  :-)

This little quilt has just now been gifted to a very loved friend of our family who is expecting her second (a girl!) any second now - - - -so I can finally share this Rainbow Baby Quilt!


I really love how this easy quilt turned out. It's a simple variation on my Easy Baby Boy Zigzag Quilt tutorial. This quilt is the same interior, but I added a narrow white inside border and a scrappy exterior border.


This entire quilt was from my scrap stash - - woohoo for scrap busters, right?  The background is my fave - Essex yard-dyed linen in Flax. 


I did a lot of straight line quilting, following the lines made by the chevrons, which provided some nice, square filler in the empty spots. It crinkled up nicely after it was washed, too - - I love (and fear) that part of the process!


I can't wait to meet this little girl, and I hope she loves this happy little rainbow quilt!

Happy stitching,

Kelly

4 comments:

Tamie said...

This is so pretty. It really is a favorite and it washed up so nice. I'm sure it will get lots of love.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I love it. I too am trying to use what I have – to shop from my stash. I am sure you feel great having made something beautiful from things you already have.

ashacpatel said...

I adore this quilt, Kelly! Love the soft colors against the linen!

Bartlett Dishwasher Repair said...

Great reading yourr blog post