Friday, March 23, 2012

Swoon Update

My Swoon quilt is comin' right along, y'all!

(As a side note, I don't know why I write with a southern drawl. It just comes out when I type . . . )

I got lazy and decided to mass-produce these suckers, rather than doing them one at a time. The cutting is so intensive that I just stacked my FQs and started cutting them all at once. To be sure, this requires being pretty careful with keeping your fabrics stacked in the right order, but I think I'm doing alright.











ARGGHHH, these blocks are so delicious - NOM NOM NOM!

OK, I'm a little weird. but you knew this already, right?  ;-)

Update: Here's a link back to my first Swoon block and my second. Seven more to go!  

Happy Stitching!

Kelly


4 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I hate the cutting too. I've just done one and need to get back to my Swoon blocks. Show us a finished one.

~Kelie~ said...

Wow I love the fabric u r using! Especially the blue w/ flowers!

Kelly Biscopink said...

Thanks Kelie! I love that fabric, too! I'm totally addicted to the blues/greens/teals right now, so I'm having fun working with these fabrics.

Hilachas: I posted links back to a few of the finished blocks - hopefully I"ll have some new ones to show y'all soon-ish. Fingers crossed!

The cutting is a pain, but if you're really really careful (with your fabric and your fingers!), you can cut through a few layers at a time and cut down (no pun intended) on some of the tediousness. Good luck!

In Stitches said...

Can't wait to see your finished Swoon Quilt. I struggle too knowing if it is better to chain piece everything or make one block at a time. Sometimes I find it more gratifying to cut everything, then make the blocks one at a time to see progress. Regardless, this quilt is going to be gorgeous!