Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Mug Rugs

Hi all!

We did a little Valentine's Day-themed mug rug swap at my last quilt guild meeting. I made one and then wanted to make another . . . and another . . . and another . . . People, my place is lousy with mug rugs right now!

I made this first guy with this Newsprint/Collage fabric that seems to keep cropping up in everything I make these days, and a sweet little heart print. Love that print....




My second one was this little guy. I used this tutorial from Pile of Fabric to make the Xs, and just figured out the "o" so it was the same size.  I made two more mug rugs just like it to send to some friends who I thought needed a little quilty happy mail.



I swapped both of these suckers away at my January meeting, and I hope they're being enjoyed by their new owners.  :-)

Happy stitching!

Kelly

1 comment:

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Cute! I love the fabrics, especially the striking stripey binding.
I'm also working on a mug rug swap. It is fun experimenting on a small scale.