Ok, I'm just the teensiest bit obsessed with pumpkin these days.
I will assume you want to know why, so I've created this handy bullet point list to explain my love affair:
- They taste like happy.
- They smell like the holidays.
- You can roast their seeds.
- You can carve faces into their shells.
- You can make them sweet or savory.
- You can add them to lattes with fantastic results.
- Babies look cute when seated next to them.
- Again, they taste like happy.
I'll admit, I lurve pie, but it's not super portable. But cupcakes are . . . so why not combine the best of both worlds? Cupcakes with frosting and pumpkin pie? Ummm. . . yes please, I will.
I cheated a bit, though. I didn't make "from-scratch" frosting, which normally I would, but I just ran out of time. I didn't want to use plain' ole frosting from a can (and I have a slight aversion to cream cheese), so I mixed cinnamon into a can of vanilla frosting, and it tasted great.
You can find the recipe here: http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/125724/pumpkin_cupcakes_with_cinnamon_cream